Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Lady Justice and the Cruise Ship Murders #11 of Lady Justice series

by Robert Thornhill
reviewed on e-reader

A mixture of fun, history and mystery
This is the first book in the series I've read. I wish I'd "met" Robert Thornhill much sooner, since this is the eleventh book in the series. I really enjoyed the camaraderie of the four main characters, with or without their foibles.

How often do we get those scam emails, some sounding more realistic than others? Is the email they've just received real? Is there really a gold cache? With 3 members of the police among the two couples involved, I'm sure they will be checking it out. Though each character is very different, this group of four are pretty likeable. They are also pretty active. A very good thing because they find themselves in some very awkward conditions and difficult predicaments while trying to avoid being killed or maimed.

It's off to Alaska and maybe treasure. Even with a misplaced murder and mystery this foursome made me laugh and think how realistic they are. I certainly enjoyed their trip, especially on the narrow gauge railway. I will definitely want to read more.

No comments: