Friday, July 13, 2018

The Edge of Over There by Shawn Smucker

This review is based on an Advance Reading Copy (ARC)
by Shawn Smucker

Book 2 of The Day the Angels Fell Book Series. 

I am very taken with this book, totally unexpected, vibrating with intensity, and a fascinating story. Even from the beginning you know this is going to be an interesting book. I get the feeling that had I read the previous book "The Day the Angels Fell," it would have amplified everything I read in this book. But perhaps this book was already amplified from the beginning. Not having read the previous book may not have clarified this one. All I know for sure is The Edge is what is important. I am in awe with what the author has portrayed with the characters and the landscape.

There is so much going on in this book. Family relations, heroic children, the ocean that takes you Over There, the Tree of Life, the realities and the possibilities. As mentioned, the book I am reviewing here is an Advance Reading Copy. I can't help but wonder at what may appear in the final version. I expect the characters will become full-grown, and many questions will be answered.


No comments: