Monday, March 10, 2008

Review for "A Promise of Hope"


I thought I would start this discussion with a book I thought was important and very well-written. The full title is A Promise of Hope: The Astonishing True Story of a Woman Afflicted With Bipolar Disorder and the Miraculous Treatment That Cured Her" and here is my short version of my review:
This book brings the reader inside the mind of a Bi-Polar Disorder patient in her own words. All the chaos, highs, lows, delusions, anger, and deep depression are felt in a way that could not ever be accurately described by anyone who has not lived the story. Autumn Stringam has lived the story. It is told with no holds barred in the still voice that is often seen in trauma victims describing what has happened to them. This is a real life, Autumn lived this life and tells the truth as it is, plain and simple, with suspense as to what will happen with the discovery, and the final outcome. Read it, you will be glad you did.

No comments: