Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling

I enjoyed this book for what it was, a book of fairy tales. Like "muggle" fairytales they all have a moral to them. I would have no hesitation reading these stories to my grandkids, with the exception perhaps of The Warlock's Hairy Heart, which reads more like a Grimm's fairytale and not necessarily for young children, but older children will like it. From my point of view, I enjoyed the comments taken from the "notes" of Dumbledore on the tales themselves, and how they tie in with witchcraft as in the Harry Potter books. All in all it was an enjoyable read, one I could read over a period of time, one tale after another, and I especially appreciate that it is also a worthy fundraiser. Thanks to J.K. Rowling for not dropping us totally!

No comments: