Saturday, December 26, 2009

Whispers and Lies by Joy Fielding

Originally posted Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A slightly odd book, I wasn't exactly sure where it was going at first. There appeared to be a mystery running in the background, and the focus of the book was generally thoughts from the main character, some quite humorous. Suspicions abound about a few of the characters, but just when you begin to get a feel for what is going on, the book takes a full 180 degree turn. Definitely a surprise at this point! The remainder of the book does not hit quite as high as the middle, but it kept my full attention from that point on. I would call this suspense rather than mystery. I haven't read any of Joy Fielding's books before, so I don't know if this is her usual writing form. Regardless, it ends with a grande finale! 4 stars.

No comments: