Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Doom With A View - a Psychic Eye Mystery - by Victoria Laurie

an Obsidian Book published by Penguin

Whether you believe or not doesn't matter, the fun is in the reading. I think this 7th book is my favourite of Victoria Laurie's Abigail Cooper Psychic Eye series. To be honest, I haven't read many but the conflicts and characterizations in Doom With A View are so hilarious, yet serious at the same time. When Abby is teamed up with an FBI hardcore unbeliever as the lead investigator and her so cool PI partner Candice, you just know things are going to get volatile. But with three missing teens, whose parents are politicians, there is no time for personal feelings. This is a fast-paced suspense, especially in regard to the political angle, and the urgency of Abby's psychic feelings. Not to make little of the case, when I say hilarious I am referring to the attitudes of the three main players, not the case itself. Abby is so clued in with her "crew" as she calls it, I felt that when they don't seem to tell her anything she becomes very unsure of herself, but fortunately her personal "live" friends are there to upright her canoe so to speak. This includes her live-in boyfriend who is also an FBI agent, but one who's got her back. I was not expecting the end. I loved this book!

No comments: