Saturday, November 4, 2017

Mad as Hell - Do You Want to Know a Secret?

written by Paul Casselle
first published on Amazon 

One thing about Paul Casselle, he really knows how to tell a story and keep the reader involved. This thriller is no different. Many thrillers are based on either actual cases, old cold cases, murder and/or conspiracies and as such contain strong or offensive language, so reader be prepared.

This is the second book I've read by Paul Casselle and it is full of conspiracy theories, particularly those that are well-known, thrills, murder, characters representing CIA, MI6, and other groups, especially BIG money. But what draws me in the most is the feeling that I am watching a play! This is in no way meant to belittle the book, but an enhancement to the spell it casts. An interesting thing for me to think, but it definitely gets me involved in the story. I find myself engrossed with what is happening as though I am there. Somewhat as in the first book, characters appear and disappear in the blink of an eye. Once again the matter of who is with which group, who is dead (or "deleted"), who is alive to play their parts in these conspiracies is fascinating but constantly changing. Just when you think you've "got it" it slips away again.

The book is not just another thriller, it has a life of its own. Reading it not only grabbed me quickly, but it presents with a sense of humour at times. I really enjoyed this book, the second in the "Bedfellows" series. If you've read and enjoyed the first, you are sure to enjoy this one.

No comments: